In breaking news, teen pop star Justin Bieber was arrested in Miami earlier today for drag-racing and being under the influence of drugs and alcohol. The 19-year-old Canadian singer initially resisted arrest and verbal assaulted police officers when they caught him drag racing in what is believed to be a rented Lamborghini. Justin eventually cooperated and admitted to police that he had smoked marijuana and taken prescription drugs that day. Following a bail hearing, Bieber left the jail with his personal entourage and police officers, controversially sitting on top of an SUV and waving to his awaiting fans before being driven away. His bail was set at $2,850.
A Miami police chief said that two SUV’s had blocked off a four lane road so Justin and his friend – driving a rented red Ferrari, could race. He was allegedly driving at around 96km in a 40km zone. In the police report an officer says that Justin had bloodshot eyes and the smell of alcohol on his breath when he was first arrested. His mug shot shows him smiling, which has been a highly talked about point in this case. The other driver on the scene was said to be R&B singer Khalil Sharieff, who was arrested for driving under the influence.
Justin Bieber has been charged with resisting arrest without violence and driving on an expired license.
Miley Cyrus, Amanda Bynes, Lindsay Lohan and now the Biebs. All big stars at such a young age, and growing up in the media’s eye is proving to be a bad thing. Justin Bieber has joined the growing list of celebrities that are constantly in the news for not the best of reasons. Bad boy Bieber is proving to be quite popular for some older fans, but there are many of us out there wondering if we’ll see the heart of the 13-year-old that we all fell in love with again any time soon. Will the singing sensation make a change or follow in the footsteps of Lindsay Lohan and live the rest of his life in the tabloids for all the wrong reasons?
One Direction have finally touched down in Australia, well at least three-fifths of them have! The British boys are in the land of Aus for their Take Me Home tour, starting on Monday the 23rd of September. Liam Payne, Zayn Malik and Louis Tomlinson flew into Adelaide yesterday but left fans feeling upset when they went our a back door, bypassing the very eager girls awaiting their arrival. Over 200 girls had been waiting – some for up to 13 hours to catch a glimpse of their idols. Airport security didn’t want to take the risk and forced the boys to use a back exit, mostly due to the 1D hysteria from their previous tour last year. The girls were angry when the boys didn’t appear at all.
A 17 year-old girl told News Corp that she was angry the stars didn’t greet their fans.
“I just feel really let down because we were excited to see them and the least they could have done was poke their head out before they left,” she said.
Liam Payne later tweeted:
“Sorry we couldn’t stop in the airport they said it wasn’t safe?? Great to be in oz though.”
Fans have been waiting a year and a half since tickets went on sale in April last year, and it seems years ago since the tickets were booked – but they are finally here! The boys will do three shows in Adelaide before moving on to Perth, Melbourne and Sydney, then flying over to New Zealand for 3 concerts and finally returning to Australia for another 12 sold out shows. Police will be hoping that dedicated fans stay safe and out of danger this year, after the mayhem caused around the city during the Up All Night tour in 2012. When the boys appeared on Sunrise last year things got out of hand and the hosts of the daily breakfast show had to get the 1D boys to tell fans to move back from the fence to prevent any injuries. Some girls fainted and had to be hoisted from the crowd and given medical treatment. Hopefully this time things willl ease up but it doesn’t look promising!
Harry Styles and Niall Horan are expected to arrive on Monday, ahead of their sold-out concert on Monday night. The boys are extremely excited to be in Australia and can’t wait to begin touring the country. Niall Horan tweeted:
“This is gona be soo fun! I love it down under! Obsessed! Gona be a huge 5 weeks! Between aus and nz! U ready for TMHT”
The One Direction boys are stronger then ever and looking forward to performing to thousands of dedicated fans in one of their favourite countries in the world.